View Single Post
Old October 8, 2006, 04:14 PM   #38
AK103K

Quote:
Maybe it comes down to the design of the ak's making it impossible to keep consistency??I don't know(and yes they have thin barrels in comparison).
I think the AK's are a lot like the FAL's when it comes to consistency, although not quite as bad. Heat seems to be the issue, and the AK's and FAL's groups do tend to open up as they get hot. I'm not sure just what your comparing the thickness of the barrel to? In comparison to what?

Quote:
They are a very reliable weapon,But they cannot do what my ar15 can do(shoot 600+yards under M.O.A.).
I dont think your going to find a rack grade AR that will shoot that well. I have four, and only one, a match grade rifle will do that, and even then, only with match grade reloads.

Personally, I look at both rifles being 300 yard guns. The AR is the better "target" rifle, there is no doubt. Yes, you can punch .22 caliber holes in things farther out, but its loosing that velocity advantage right around that 300 yard mark, and with that, much of its effectiveness. Right about the same time, the AK has pretty much passed its accuracy limits. From 300 yards in, both are still effective, and I like the 7.62x39 a little more for its punch on things the .223 can have problems with.

Quote:
My ar15's have proven far more reliable than any Ak47 I have owned or seen fired( I admit that the malfunctions I have seen were probably do to the occasional wolf ammo problem).
I bought my first AR in 1974, a Colt SP1. I still have it, and many tens of thousands of rounds later, it still shoots pretty much just like it did when I bought it.(its got a real skinny barrel too, since that seems to be an issue around here. ) In all this time, I cant ever remember it having a stoppage, although I'm sure it did at some point (thats old age creepin in, CRS sucks ya know ) I've also never had any troubles with any of my other AR's either, or any of the M16's I've shot. My Bushmaster Dissapator isnt all that accurate, but thats about it for the AR's. The AK's, other than one crappy US trigger group part breaking, and some slap on another, they work just like the AR's.

Wolf ammo has never been an issue in any of my AK's, other than the occasional round that wont fire.

Quote:
I would like to know how accurate the ar15's are that have been chambered in 7.62x39???!!.
I'd like to know that myself.

Quote:
If the 7.62x39 is more accurate in the ar15 design than the ak47's design,, maybe that would eliminate the cartridge as possibly being the problem with accuracy.
It would be interesting to see. With a good lot of ammo, I know what a Russian built and barreled receiver can do. My Saiga conversion will give most of my AR's a run for the money, and thats with a 14" barrel. If you feed the AK's decent ammo, and a lot of the Russian stuff really isnt all that bad, you will be surprised at how well they can shoot.

Page generated in 0.03989 seconds with 8 queries