View Single Post
Old October 8, 2006, 05:23 PM   #39
JIH

Quote:
If the 7.62x39 is more accurate in the ar15 design than the ak47's design,, maybe that would eliminate the cartridge as possibly being the problem with accuracy.
It usually is, but you've gotta understand, the folks that are accurizing 7.62x39 ARs aren't shooting Wolf or American Eagle. They're using handloads or high-qualitity hunting loads (such as they exist).

And, you can build a more accurate rifle with an AK action. The Swiss have been doing it for years.

Theoretically, the direct impingement design will always have a leg up on a rod/piston design... but the AK-47's (in)accuracy issues just aren't that simple.

Quote:
I think the AK's are a lot like the FAL's when it comes to consistency, although not quite as bad. Heat seems to be the issue, and the AK's and FAL's groups do tend to open up as they get hot. I'm not sure just what your comparing the thickness of the barrel to? In comparison to what?
Shoot VEPR-II or a bull-barreled FAL. Of course, they're a pain to lug around, but no one's asking "how do I make it easier to carry".

Page generated in 0.03551 seconds with 8 queries