View Single Post
Old October 8, 2006, 10:15 PM   #42
Buckythebrewer

Spk,,That is my experience(and I don't smoke dope).Ak103k I have not got to the tens of thousands but I am in the multiple 1000's with my ar15 and running completely reliable with my handloads and everything else I have thrown at it, and also my 10.5 dpms shorty (I had) has worked perfect.My ar15 is a match grade rig with jp trigger, stainless 24" 1/8 twist bull barrel a3 upper,kns pins,8-32x burris signature,burris signature rings,arms mount.I have also shimmed the upper and lower tight!..So its not like every ar15 but most will shoot as well and sometimes much better under the right conditions(ammo included)..And it is 100% reliable so far with my 77gr smk handloads(5 shot groups sub M.O.A. @ 625yrds,yes good shooting conditions) using orlite mags(probably helps..The only condition I would give to the AK as far as reliability would be if you were shooting rapid-fire or full auto in a sand storm..Honestly I have alot more faith in my ar15's in any other conditions..I have seen more parts breakage on the ak's as well( just my experience).I still love the weapons, but they just don't have the capability the ar15 has at 300yrds and beyond.O.K.,, AK's are better on damaging vehicles,I will admit that. I don't wan't to start a debate but Everyone seems to think the ar15's are accurate(but not reliable),and the ak's are reliable(but not that accurate)..Its kind of stupid but maybe in some ways its true,, but not in my experience BUT Thankfully Im not out in the desert to prove one way or the other..I hope our soldiers have the same reliability and long range accuracy that I have had when they are in combat with the ar15,because if they do they will have a big advantage IMO.

Page generated in 0.03458 seconds with 8 queries