View Single Post
Old January 2, 2009, 12:35 PM   #228
Playboypenguin

Quote:
Spell it out for me, where is OC ok?
That is backwards reasoning. When you get your CCW you do not get a list of places it is okay to carry. You get a list of places not to carry.

In my opinion, most places would be okay for open carry. I think most of the time people will pay you little attention. I have seen open carry right here in Portland and my only reaction was to talk to them about their choice of firearms.

It is not okay to carry at organized, semi-private events (and yes, youth sporting events are semi-private events and organizers can legally ask spectators to leave) where you have been asked to not carry.

If you are carrying in the park and someone gets offended that is their problem. You are not breaking the law, being callous, or confrontational. They have the right to leave or avoid the area of the park you are occupying. Interactions in such a place are fleeting and not static enough for you to take their wants into consideration.

When you are carrying at an organized event where the attending group of people is a set membership and interaction is long lasting and repeated things change. They cannot leave the area and still be involved in the organized event and your interaction with them is long term enough for your actions to be perceived as callous and confrontational if you continuously disregard the will of the group. At that point they have every legal right to ask you to leave the assembly.

Page generated in 0.02892 seconds with 8 queries