View Single Post
Old January 31, 2007, 08:59 PM   #1
rantingredneck

New P90 - Range Report.......

Just recieved my P90 today from my trade with Old Coastie (very nice fellow and very good to trade with BTW). Went to the range this evening with it with the intent of evaluating both the gun itself and several different ammo choices for SD. Took with me a 50 round box of Blazer Brass 230gr FMJ and a 100 round box of Rem UMC 230 gr JHP. At the range I purchased a 20 round box of Hornday TAP 200gr JHP+P, a 20 round box of Hornady Custom 200gr XTP +P, and a 20 round box of Hornady Custom 185 gr. XTP.

First the ball: 7 yd target mix of slow fire, double and triple strings and a mag of rapid fire at the end.

More ball: 25 yds slow fire. Yes there are three headshots and one miss over the left shoulder.

Next is the TAP. I like it.........One mag 7 yds slowfire.

Next are the two Hornady Custom loads. I shot them both at the same target. Most of the abdominal hits are from the 185 gr. load. I don't know if it was me or the ammo but I had a hard time keeping that on COM. While shooting the 200 +P I had the unfortunate experience of a VERY hot casing going down the front of my shirt. I did a funny little dance trying to get that out!

Next is the el cheapo Rem UMC 230gr JHP. Looks pretty good.......7 yds slowfire.

I have to say I like my new acquisition. It digested all loads with nary a failure as I would expect any Ruger to do.

Thanks again Old Coastie and enjoy the 94!

Last edited by rantingredneck; January 31, 2007 at 11:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.02582 seconds with 8 queries