View Single Post
Old August 29, 2002, 06:38 PM   #8
ROBOV

Thanks for the review. It sure helps my post purchase decision even after the 14 years since I bought my Taurus PT92AF.

I purchased mine back in 1988, for around $350. The Beretta 92's were selling for around $500-550 at the time in the New Orleans area. Since this was my first semi auto purchase primarily as a home defensed pistol I wanted something reliable and the home budget was tight. I read some articles about the gun and inquired at several local gun stores. All the responses were positive, and I haven't been disappointed.

I've fired close to 2000 rounds with one stoppage at around 1100 rounds, the slide locked back with a half full magazine. I was using a ramline 17 round mag at the time. Accuracy has been at least respectable and sometimes I've surprised myself. My only real complaint are the sights but they're good enough.

The pistol gets less range time now because I've added several pistols to my collection. The most recent purchase a CZ75B. I have many posters here to thank for their input. I've spent a lot of time on this and a few other gun forums reading posts about the CZ's and comparing my experience with the CZ75 to what people here have written is right on the money. Accuracy is exceptional, trigger is better than my Sig225, and it's just about a perfect fit to my hand. It's hard to ask for anything more.

Page generated in 0.02722 seconds with 8 queries