View Single Post
Old April 22, 2008, 07:07 PM   #22
ZeSpectre

Quote:
Allow me a sentimental moment. I grew up in a time and place where you never locked your doors, left your keys in the car, took your deer rifle to school and Mom never worried unless you were late for supper.Guns were for hunting or targets, not home defense. Home defense, tactical anything was not in the lexicon.
It's funny how similar my growing up was to Avenger's and yet so different. My reminiscence would go more like this...

Allow me a sentimental moment. I grew up in a time and place where you never locked your doors, left your keys in the car, took your deer rifle to school and Mom never worried unless you were late for supper.

Guns were for hunting or targets, but also for defending your home and livelihood and you kept your guns ready and close at hand because cattle rustling and threats via wild animals were not just some set of cowboy movie cliche. (and no, I'm not kidding, we actually had "rustlers" trying to steal our beef cattle more than once!)

Quote:
The chance of any of us experiencing a real threat is very low, about the same as you winning the Lotto!
Funny thing about that. For whatever reason I lead a semi-charmed life. What I mean is that lots of weird and sometimes dangerous things happen in my vicinity ALL THE TIME. The charmed part is that the weird stuff almost never happens directly to ME but even so it's like some kind of super weird area effect.

Last edited by ZeSpectre; April 22, 2008 at 08:36 PM.

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 8 queries