View Single Post
Old May 24, 2008, 03:41 PM   #18
GoSlash27

Quote:
Try it-you'll like it.
Not sure if that was for me or not... I already did a complete action job on mine. I may have to post a how-to on it since it looks like the old one is gone.
Quote:
would you recommend cutting the coils off of the Wolff 16# spring also? Or just on the Beretta "92D" mainspring?
I know some guys who have reported good results with 1 1/2 turns off a Wolff 16# spring but can't vouch for it personally. My recommendations are just for factory Beretta parts (verified good results personally); 3 turns from the stock spring or 2 turns from a "D" spring. I don't recommend going beyond that.

Swapping mainsprings on a 92 is a snap. Simply remove the grips (careful not to dislodge the trigger bar follower spring), apply some pressure to the wriststrap loop, and press the cross-pin out. Spring slides right out the bottom. Installation is reverse.

IIRC Taurus has a problem with their grip screws, but this doesn't affect Berettas.

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries