View Single Post
Old December 27, 2008, 12:44 AM   #7
dipper

I have been told that ignorance of the law is no excuse when breaking it---if you don't know a law and break it, you are still liable for your actions.

I don't see why we shouldn't hold law enforcement to the same standards that the general population is held to.

So, although she got her permit back, she should not have gone ONE day without it because some Sheriff didn't know the law or chose to ignore it.

Quote:
In late November she sued the sheriff for monetary damages and to try to force him to get additional LE education. Her husband has joined the suit against the sheriff on some grounds or another.
She should recover monetary damages and at the very least, the Sheriff should get additional training IF he truly doesn't know the law he has sworn to uphold.
I'm glad the woman in question didn't need the protection her permit affords her while it was taken from her for no good reason.

[QUOTE]Sounds kinda like maybe she was trying to make a statement...[QUOTE]

MOST every group of people that share the same beliefs make "statements" from time to time.
Statements are made all the time and actions are taken on things like: abortion, gay rights, Christmas, tee-shirts/clothing, prayer, etc. etc.
Gun owners should not be looked at any differently---we collectively make up a much larger percentage of the population than some other groups do---and some of the other groups get a lot of recognition for their efforts in making statements.
Maybe she is just taking a page out of another groups play book??

If nothing else, she helped someone in LE learn something!!

Page generated in 0.02654 seconds with 8 queries