View Single Post
Old December 27, 2008, 10:23 AM   #12
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
What did she do wrong, if the law allows open carry I don't see how she is making a statement of any kind.
I didn't say she was doing anything wrong. I said it looked to me as though she wanted to make a statement (about her right to open carry) and that she got her chance.

The reason I think that her goal was to make a statement is that if her goal was to protect herself and her family she could have legally carried concealed and achieved that goal without any of the hassle she and her family have now been put through.

What she did wasn't wrong, but it certainly wasn't the path of least resistance.
Quote:
Hain said Monday her home-based baby-sitting service has suffered, her children have been harassed, and she has been ostracized by her neighbors because of DeLeo's actions. In one instance, she said, a neighbor who saw Hain in a local store had the manager ask her to leave because she was carrying her handgun.
IMO, most of the things she's complaining about in the above paragraph have nothing to do with what the sheriff did and everything to do with her choice to legally carry openly vs. concealed. Not that her choice was wrong, it's just that it had some pretty predictable consequences.

Page generated in 0.03473 seconds with 8 queries