View Single Post
Old May 18, 2002, 10:57 PM   #10
22x9

Already mentioned this in another thread, but I'll repeat it anyways:

I bought a Phoenix Arms HP-22(SN #4207xxx) back in January of 2001. Over the next few months I blasted over 3500+ rounds thru it. In June, the day before I went on vacation, I was at the range shooting either Remington or Federals. On round #78 for day(had started shooting about 15 minutes before), I pulled the trigger and it went "pop" as usual. But after the bullet had left the barrel, the barrel popped up to a 45 degree from where it should have been(The pistol looked like it had a 5-inch do-hickey[don't know what P.C. word to put here]). I safely stowed the pistol until after I came back from vacation.

Upon examining it, The slots in the frame that held the Cross Pin were now notches. I sent the entire pistol, along with the frame fragments and cross pin, back to Phoenix Arms on a Monday and had the replacement(an HP-22A) on that Friday. Don't know what the extra "A" means though, it might mean "Ain't as likely to break."

I have since purchased a second HP-22, swapped parts and tested each. So far both pistols are functioning nicely. Here are the pics: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...highlight=HP22

TFL Alumnus - and proud of it.

Page generated in 0.03042 seconds with 8 queries