View Single Post
Old November 17, 2002, 03:01 PM   #8
cpileri

Location: Peoples Republik of Maryland, Sister State to Kalifornia
Yeah, me too.

I was told not to waste my money also.

I tried every angle I could, and to his credit the officer I spoke with was very patient with my questions and even reviewed the gun laws as written with me (see below).

Here's the reasons I tried, somewhat in order of what I thought would work:

I am a registred firearms collector.

paraphrased officers response: How much is your collection worth? (not too much) No, you can carry when displaying your collection, but not in transit.

I am a physician.

paraphrased officers response: nope, we only mean docs who make housecalls and carry drugs and cash around. Also other business owners who carry cash around. Not you.

I am active duty military.

paraphrased officers response: well, no one will hassle you in uniform; bt the law was really intended for National Guard and Reserves who keep a firearm at home and have to bring it to work. (then I said I wasn't interested in spending any time in the slammer testing out the "no one will hassle me" part.)

How about the 9/11 threats?

No way, everyone was denied for that. (I am sure they pocketed a LOT of cash for these at 140 a pop)

There's a sniper around?

same answer.

But I do infact, have the paperwork for one. it sits, blank and dusty on my desk. Maybe I should start making housecalls...

I will happily help you if i can with your efforts. i am not sure what I may be able, or have time, to do. But I certainly do support the effort!

C-

Page generated in 0.03835 seconds with 8 queries