View Single Post
Old August 16, 2006, 08:58 PM   #12
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
The article cited was only published 8 months ago. What year is it in your world?
Well, according to the checks I wrote that day, it was 2007. My bad. I am sure I will get a nasty letter from the bank. Even so, it is an OLD article.

Quote:
Double Naught Spy , it seems you cain't see the forest for the trees, Ask the Criminal element, if the CCW laws make a difference to them, then post you stats that you are so fond of, big words don't make you smart.
They don't care and they aren't impressed. Their chances of encountering a CHL person who will act during the commission of a crime is very low, so low that they don't care. In Texas, CHL holders account for a small fraction over 1% of the population, so not very many people.

Since you don't think my words are so smart, explain to me how it was that all the criminals in Texas realized in 1996 that people might have guns and so they started not committing crime out of fear of gun toters?

If concealed carry works so well for dropping the crime rate, what crimes are being stopped by it?

If concealed carry in Texas worked so well that is caused the crime rate to drop, then why did the crime rate in other states without concealed carry also drop?

Quote:
That may well be the case, but it does fly in the face of the statistics coming out of countries like Australia and Great Britain following their gun grab.
This isn't a dichotomy to concealed carry. The crime rate in Texas before CHL in 1996 was going down anyway. Guns were present, yet crime dropped.

-------------------------------

I think a lot of people are confused by the notion that concealed carry lowers the crime rate versus concealed carry protecting individuals. The crimes are still being committed, but apparently more people who do carry concealed have managed to protect themselves or loved ones while concealed carrying. Maybe they stop the success of the crime all together. Maybe they just save their own lives. Either way, the crimes are still being committed, but the chance for surviving or even winning the encounter is greater for CHL holders who do carry.

Page generated in 0.03747 seconds with 8 queries