View Single Post
Old January 11, 2006, 02:51 PM   #8
pax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBoy
However why do have glaser as the first 2 rounds of my magazine in my home defense gun. Why?? Because my gun is in my bedroom and only 4 sheets of drywall and some 2x4s seperate my room and my kids bedroom. A regular JHP 9mm round will penetrate into there room if I miss and might still penetrate if I hit the BG (the reason I use 115g over 124g or 147g) Even if a double tap of Glaser in the BG chest doesn't kill the guy but puts the guy in a world a pain and get surrenders, I'm still satisfied.
A couple summers ago, some friends of mine and I built a fake wall to shoot at with various ammunition. The wall was designed to mimic standard home, outside wall construction: 2x4 frame, panelling, sheetrock, air space, plywood, and siding. On the back side of the wall, we put a shelf with water jugs on it.

We then shot the wall at a distance of around 15 feet, which we figured was probably a good distance for an across the room shot.

Just like everything else we put out there, Glasers went through that wall.

I would not want to bet my children's lives on a couple sheets of dry rock stopping any bullet, not even a Glaser.

pax

Page generated in 0.03572 seconds with 8 queries