View Single Post
Old September 8, 2005, 08:15 PM   #12
XavierBreath

On the evening news tonight I saw an older woman with what looked like a pearl handled S&W M&P revolver (gotta love it!) being overpowered by paramilitary type LEOs and forced to leave her home. When asked to leave, she said she had a gun to protect herself. When asked to show it, she pulled out the old M&P and held it around the frame and cylinder. That is when she was taken to the ground by law enforcement. Her gun was never pointed at anyone, and it was reportedly unloaded. She never made a threat (at least not on camera), but politely refused to leave her home.

Then there is Mama D. She has stated she will die first, and expects to. There are still civilian evacuation efforts being run by individuals, churches and community groups. I'm not sure about this forced evacuation. It does not seem right to me. I have a feeling that there will be a shootout or two before this is over. People who simply wanted the right to be left alone in their homes will die and be branded criminals.

They are trying to scare people with reports of E.coli in the water. They are not saying that E.coli is present in every person's underwear and on every restroom doorknob in the nation. Scare tactics.....

Then there was this from another forum on the gun confiscation issue.....
Quote:
It was the head of the NOPD and it is illegal. NOLA is still operating under state law. Under LA law they have some emergency power to suspend only the sale of alcohol and firearms. The LA Attorney General has been notified by the NRA and others.
These are just random thoughts guys, sorry they are not more cohesive.

Page generated in 0.02749 seconds with 8 queries