View Single Post
Old May 2, 2006, 08:35 AM   #14
Model520Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater OPS
Just to clairify, I agree that if there is no longer a threat, the level of force should be dialed down, that's a given. But if a person drops their weapon and decides he wants a fist fight now, what do you do? These are things police are trained to deal with, and for the most part, non-leos are not.
What is this, the Dice Man wants to go mano a mano? Anyone who drops a gun and claims he wants to fist fight while I am holding a gun knows something I don't. Whether it's another gun, his unusual skill, or just an assumption (correct, I might add) that I'm an old fart with one good eye who can't fight worth beans, if he moves towards me, he's getting shot repeatedly until he is not moving towards me and has his hands empty and in sight. I already know his intentions from his gun, and his dropping it and offering to fist fight indicates a change in tactics, not in intention.

Maybe you just hypothesized that case to make a point. Have you ever actually drawn on a perp and had him drop his gun and offer to fight you hand to hand? Has ANYBODY reading this ever had that happen?

Page generated in 0.03925 seconds with 8 queries