View Single Post
Old July 5, 2005, 06:36 PM   #4
Jart

How's this for a thread bump?

Anyhow, a local gun store is in the process of relocating the business, and all manner of odd stuff is coming out of the woodwork.

In addition to a rather ill-used Leader/Crescent that I asked about on the sister forum (that I'll be taking a pass on), a SxS Stevens, marked 335 surfaced.

However, it doesn't match the description above - barrels appear not to be laminated and wood is not checkered. Receiver markings are faint on the left side of reciever but still plainly "Stevens"; right side markings are better but I still can't make out a model number.

I'm guessing it's more likely the hang tag is mis-marked than that the above posting has the barrel and wood types mis-listed for the 335.

Anybody know offhand where on the piece I should be looking for the real model number?

Edited to add: Any other means to verify that it's actually a 311 (or any other Stevens that's safe to shoot) would work as well - my concern is that 335 = laminated which I assume is the kind of barrel that I would blow my ash up if I shot it. They look like any other steel barrels, if that helps at all. They're brown rather than blue but look sound.

Last edited by Jart; July 6, 2005 at 08:28 AM.

Page generated in 0.02923 seconds with 8 queries