View Single Post
Old July 31, 2008, 02:49 PM   #6
carguychris

Quote:
... but if the barrel cylinder gap was that dangerous IMO it should have at least had a warning in the manual... to cover their arss
It does, on Page 19.

"WARNING: ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGERS AWAY FROM THE AREA BETWEEN THE CYLINDER AND THE BARREL DURING FIRING. PARTICLES AND HOT
GAS WILL BE FORCED OUT FROM BETWEEN THE BARREL AND CYLINDER IN ANY REVOLVER DURING NORMAL USE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS WARNING WILL CAUSE SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURY." (In red boldfaced letters)

"Always use the proper grip as shown for a two-hand hold (Figures 11 & 12). This keeps hands and fingers away from the barrel/cylinder gap."

(2 pictures showing how to do it, followed by 2 pictures showing how NOT to do it, with big red crosses through them)

"Never allow hands or fingers to extend beyond the front of the cylinder when firing (Figures 13 & 14). This is an improper hold for any revolver."

Uhhh, RTFM, Mr. Brown.
Quote:
I shouldn't even say anything, as it implys to my lack there of... but I've "burned my thumb" several times on my scoped 30 carbine Blackhawk...
OTOH the .30 Carbine, in a revolver, does not launch projectiles at velocities normally associated with rifle calibers that start with "7.62x".

Page generated in 0.02722 seconds with 8 queries