View Single Post
Old August 2, 2002, 04:01 PM   #5
t-man

I'm about halfway throught that book right now. You guys are totally right about his RKBA stance. It makes it hard for me to view the rest of it objectively. I can't stand this aloof attitude that says 'only us trained professionals should have guns'

Another big problem I see so far in the book is this:

Okay, I'm better able to recoginize that this person wants to kill me, or rape me, etc. But how the hell am I supposed to defend myself? Get a restraining order? Yeah that works. Maybe I could use my keychain and turn it into some brass knuckles. Or call the police. Or get some 'pepper spray'. People forget that the police are there to react to something that has already happend (and it usually aint good!).

Here's a crazy idea. Buy a gun, get trained on how to use it, learn to be situationally aware, don't go looking for trouble, and stop placing false trust in the police or your cellphone, whatever.

More bull[color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] as far as I'm concerned.

sorry, preaching to the choir, I know.

t-man

Page generated in 0.02175 seconds with 8 queries