View Single Post
Old December 17, 2000, 02:53 AM   #13
Don Gwinn
Staff Emeritus

Publicity is entirely her call. I will take it as far as she wants but no further. If she wants to use her story that way, I will help, but I won't do it against her wishes to get something I want politically even if I think it's best for her. In fact, I do think that would be best for her but it wasn't me and it's not my decision.

Money is always an issue but it is not the real problem with moving. The real problem is that all her family and friends are here and she has a job she enjoys, plus her boyfriend of nearly 3 years now. She should not have to choose between all of that and self-defense. She should not have to move out to get a CCW--her home state should care enough about her to stay out of her business, at the very least.

She may move eventually, but I finally decided a few weeks ago that I'm not going anywhere. Instead, Illinois is going to get a CCW law. Until then, I'm getting a fanny pack. If and when they outlaw that mode of carry, I will begin carrying unloaded pistols everywhere in hard-shelled, hand-held cases. If they try to outlaw carrying unloaded guns in hand-held cases the deer hunters will rise up. They've done it before. They're not getting rid of me. I'm sick of it and I'm not going to accept it anymore. Their stupid laws would have gotten my sister killed.

Page generated in 0.03534 seconds with 8 queries