View Single Post
Old November 17, 2006, 04:20 PM   #52
A. Patriot

Live Free! It's your choice.

I decided many years ago that I wasn't going to cower in fear that I might end up on "some list". I joined the NRA (life member) and have worked locally off and on over the last 30 years for gun rights. I was one of the first in line for a concealed carry permit the morning they opened the permit office. I have written letters to the editor on gun rights.

Many of us are old enough to remember when concealed carry was very rare and usually only for people politically connected or enough money to "donate" to the powers that be. After Florida passed its "shall issue" permit law, that opened the door for other states to follow suite. It was the NRA and other pro-gun groups who worked at the grass roots level and in the halls of state capitols that got these laws passed in most of the states in the nation.

Who remembers the Jimmy Carter era when the anti-gunners were winning?

I will make a bold statement: Without the NRA, we would not have private possession of guns in this country today. We would have laws like England.

To a very few of you, stop acting like conquered subjects and act like free men and women! It is our heritage and our right!

P.S. - I stocked up on Ammo during the Clinton administration. Still have most of it.

Last edited by A. Patriot; November 17, 2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: add a thought

Page generated in 0.02291 seconds with 8 queries