View Single Post
Old November 18, 2006, 02:20 AM   #59
Northern Sod Breaker

If the NRA is so great why is it that there are almost 100 Million gun owners and only 5 Million are members of the NRA? The human is equiped with the remarkeable ability. It's called speach and written language. I choose to use that ability rather then pay someone to do it for me. As do the other 95 Million gun owners who are not mebers of the NRA. I personaly think the NRA is arrogant. The older I get the more I think this. The attitude that the NRA is the only effective gun lobby as expressed in writting so beautifully within this thread makes my point exactly. The elitist attitude that if your not "one of us" then you must be an anti-gunner. Personaly I can not afford NRA membership. Which explains why a $20 box of ammo is on my "wish list." Unlike some of you (not all) I do not have an unlimited income. Also I do not aggree with many of the other Organization. The Swamp Buster Act promoted by several wildlife foundations for example will be an eternal thorn in my side. The contiuos labeling of non-members as freeloaders is not winning any new members. Such logic is flawed. Is a person who is over 50 and not a member of AARP a freeloader? or a car owner who is not a member of AAA. It seems interesting that such logic only applies in refference to guns. But before you responce to all of my post please answer my first question. If the NRA is so great Why are NRA members in the minority among gun owners?

Page generated in 0.04003 seconds with 8 queries