View Single Post
Old November 18, 2006, 07:03 AM   #61
Bud Helms

This isn't going any where. SM, if you don't want to join the NRA, don't. But understand that joining is taking a stand and members hope and think they are helping the cause. For the NRA members, pointing fingers at non-member gun owners doesn't do anything but harden their position and verify for them that they were right all along. Points of view like SM's don't change until they change their attitude.

So before any more accusations get slung around, I'll make the point that though I am an Life member, I don't hold a grudge against those that don't want to join. We all have to decide that for ourselves, but saying, "I'm not joining because there are 100 million gun owners and only 5 million are members, therefore there must be something wrong with the NRA" is also flawed thinking.

No data for this next assertion, but I'd venture a guess that no special interest group has anywhere close to half the members of that special interest as members.

As for the NRA, there are MANY things I would change if I were King of the NRA. I quit looking for a perfect world a long time ago. Now, I just ask that people and organizations stand up to their promises and committments. The larger the organization, the more diluted individual ideas become in organizational implementation of their stated principles. Just because the NRA doesn't do everything exactly the way I think they should is no reason, IMHO, to say they are ineffective.

As for the AARP ... :barf: Fed Tax beggars.

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 8 queries