View Single Post
Old November 18, 2006, 07:24 PM   #68
Eghad

Quote:
The NRA had a great night. They beat both Speaker Tom Foley and Jack Brooks, two of the ablest members of Congress, who had warned me this would happen. Foley was the first Speaker to be defeated in more than a century. Jack Brooks had supported the NRA for years and had led the fight against the assault weapons ban in the House, but as chairman of the Judiciary Committee he had voted for the overall crime bill even after the ban was put into it. The NRA was an unforgiving master: one strike and you're out. The gun lobby claimed to have defeated nineteen of the twenty-four members on its hit list. They did at least that much damage and could rightly claim to have made Gingrich the House Speaker.
—Bill Clinton, My Life pp 629-30
Yup those Anti-Gun Dems got what they wanted in 94 and the NRA spiked the party punch with political posion....If you dont learn from history you are doomed to repeat it.

So what do you think Bill and Hillary's stand is on gun legislation after remembering 1994?

I was here in SE Texas when Jack Brooks got his rear handed to him on a silver platter. He was one pretty pissed fellow.

The NRA-ILA wasn't formed until the mid seventies. The NRA effort before that period was mostly mailings of FYI about politics and legislation. I think when other gun organizations bring up 1934 and 1968 its just a half truth campaign where you don't get all the facts just a sound byte. The NRA as a political force took off in 1977 after the national meeting when Harlon Carter took over. It has been pretty consistent since then.

Yes where are those other gun owners who dont belong to any organization? If you are so worried about the Dems taking your gun rights you should be standing in line to join an organization.

NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.02942 seconds with 8 queries