View Single Post
Old November 18, 2006, 07:50 PM   #69
clayking

Quote:
If the NRA is so great Why are NRA members in the minority among gun owners?
Fair question. I suspect that a very large majority of gun owners have a shotgun used for hunting, a .22 used long ago for shooting rabbits or other small game, or it was handed down to them. Most gun owners are not "rabid" gun owners, therefore they do not see the danger in the laws restricting gun ownership. These are casual gunowners. The vast majority of the NRA members are concerned that the freedom that we enjoy as gun enthusiast are under attack. For many non-NRA members it is simply a lack of caring. For some, no doubt, it's the $35 bucks. For some, it is a matter of politics, democrats who refuse to support the NRA as they largely support Republican candidates.

Many, like yourself, just don't like the NRA for whatever reason, ie. in your opinion they compensate management too much, or do mass mailing. Weak reasons in my opinion for someone to not defend their rights. Too many citizens, such as yourself, would rather find excuses not to join. Ok, that's your right. So let me ask you a question. What are you doing as an individual to oppose more restrictive gun laws? Be honest in your answer.....................ck

Page generated in 0.03769 seconds with 8 queries