View Single Post
Old September 11, 2001, 07:54 PM   #1
9mmMike

WALMART suspending firearms and ammo (shotgun too) sales "in light of recent events".

Here is a copy of the note that I cranked off to WALMART:

Sirs,
I had the misfortune to encounter an individual managing one of your stores who would not sell me shotgun (birdshot) shells due to the recent events in NY and Washington.
Now I ask you, what in Heaven's name does the purchase of shotgun shells have to do with planes crashing into buildings?
I am more than slightly annoyed with what she claimed was "corporate policy" and "from the home office". It was especially galling when she told me that she had just sold five hundred (500.00) dollars of 9mm ammo this morning and that she had personally phoned the home office to express "her" outrage at someone buying ammo.
Now I ask you, was that person a criminal for buying ammo?
What kind of moron dictates a policy that prevents me from buying shotgun shells so that I may shoot sporting clays, as I do every Saturday, with my friends?
Is this truly a "company dictate" or was this gal out of line and over extending her authority?
Please do not tell me that this was a decision based upon reasoning and thoughtfulness. It is idiotic.
I will gladly supply store location and the name of the manager if you wish. I will have to go back to get that info but I will gladly do so if it is not a waste of my time.
Your reply (or lack thereof) as well as my letter to you will be posted online in several places.
Sincerely,
Michael Xxxxxxxxxx
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!

Page generated in 0.03919 seconds with 8 queries