View Single Post
Old March 28, 2005, 04:23 PM   #13
fastbolt

What's your anticipated 'need' and purpose for buying one of these 'inexpensive' little pistols, anyway?

Why are you limiting your choice to just those two makes/models?

I can't speak to the Taurus. I haven't handled and shot one, nor have I seen one come through any of our agency Qualification Courses or CCW classes & qualifications ...

I have seen some P-11's come through both, though ... and at last count, of the five I've seen come through the various courses, only one of them have completed a course of fire without exhibiting at least a few malfunctions.

I have no idea what that means, however, and it might very well have been caused more by the shooters than the actual pistols. As I recall they were all using various factory ammunition, and at least one of the folks who experienced several feeding malfunctions did so with W-W 147gr PP ammunition, and was reasonably trained and experienced with shooting handguns (he was a "special' person).

I do suspect that the really diminutive, polymer-framed pistols are more susceptible to shooter-induced issues than larger pistols. Particularly, and perhaps only coincidently, in the case of the reasonably trained 'special' shooter, he only experienced the malfunctions when shooting the P-11 1-handed, and his problems disappeared when he started shooting it 2-handed. It makes you wonder ...

What's wrong with a G26 or a CS9? Or even a PM9? Okay, the PM9 is another subject, and I'm not 'recommending' them. The only owner of a PM9 who I've personally known ... another firearms instructor ... eventually sold his new PM9 after he repeatedly experienced functioning issues during different ranges sessions. He returned to carrying his USP Compact 9mm and S&W M36 as off duty weapons.

Just curious.

Page generated in 0.05361 seconds with 8 queries