View Single Post
Old July 13, 2000, 01:53 PM   #17
fairln

I will agree with the election of George Bush in this regard:

The Libertarian party has no chance of winning a presidential election this year, nor for at least 4 more. Due to this, a vote for Browne this year is a vote for Gore...which just makes my little Libertarian heart want to shrivel up and die.

I'm actually completely sick of "crafty little people" in office, but at present a crafty little person who is on the right side on the big issues is neccessary. Even if Bush is not a perfect RKBA candidate, he is at least manipulable where Gore is an intransigent enemy to every Libertarian ideal.

The Libertarians must concentrate their activities at the local and state level. Expend all resources here, win several key elections and THEN run for federal office after you have made a name.

With the upcoming Supreme Court nominations and the "AW" ban reaching its sunset period, it is absolutely vital that even a nominally pro gun candidate defeats a intransigently anti gun candidate.

As to other issues concerning free speech and the like, which the Republicans often stumble over, we have little to worry about as yet. Lose the RKBA and we will suddenly have a great deal to worry about.

Our long term goal must be succeed at the political battle without violence. If that is the goal, then keeping Gore out of office this year is vital. Otherwise, violence will eventually become our only recourse.

Page generated in 0.03159 seconds with 8 queries