View Single Post
Old May 26, 2008, 11:06 AM   #21
dave421

WESHOOT2, You're definitely correct on the "service" issue. While I've heard many great things about Springfield's service, the talk of RIA's service has absolutely blown me away. The few people that have problems seem to get their guns back within 2 weeks. Working. Unfortunately, Springfield isn't that quick (can't really expect them to be with their size & custom work).

As for the choices, I would go with the RIA. I'm actually planning on buying 2 RIAs. One for a car-gun & one for a plinker. My daily carry is a Kimber so I don't need another "nice" 1911. I'm going to buy the next one cheap and modify it to my wants/needs. I've had the Taurus and won't buy another one. While it was reliable, it wasn't accurate and felt cheap. It was an early model and supposedly the new ones are pretty accurate but I handled one the other day and it still felt cheap for some reason. That combined with Taurus' horrible reputation for service is going to keep me far away.

Oh, as for the Charles Daly, from what I understand they are currently manufactured by Armscor who is the manufacturer of RIA. Reportedly, they won't be around much longer but they are supposedly as reliable as the RIAs.

Page generated in 0.03555 seconds with 8 queries