View Single Post
Old September 28, 2002, 09:18 AM   #12
AK103K

The idea is to trap the gases, they make the bulk of the noise. The bullet traveling downrange is another problem, but not in this case. The body itself is a good noise suppressor if the barrel is pressed against it, although this can disable some automatics. I know of an instance where a man committed suicide in the bedroom while the family was in the next room and never heard the shot. He placed the gun tight to his head and fired. The 1 and 2 liter pop bottles do work well with .22's. No filling is necessary and the bottom does not need to be cut out, just fire through it. They get progressively louder as you shoot thru it. They did make an adapter for the MAC's as mentioned, but they are now considered a NFA item subject to its rules. I'm surprised that the ATF hasn't deemed Pepsi, Coke, and other pop makers in violation for providing a NFA item. Then again, anything can work I guess, if you think about it. The whole idea behind suppressors is to lower the noise to a level that it wont be perceived as a "dangerous" noise. It doesn't necessarily have to be totally quiet. The right pillow and way its used would definitely fill this bill.

Page generated in 0.02485 seconds with 8 queries