View Single Post
Old July 20, 2008, 09:44 PM   #5
MrClean

Finishes.... hmmmm.... interesting

For me... no Chrome. I only want that on a motorcycle. And I don't like anything "shiny". Unless it's strictly for show. Of which I have none.

My favorite gun finish is Walter Birdsong's finish!!! See pics below of my latest. His is simply the best in my opinion. He has no web site and has never advertised and stays so busy it's usually 12 weeks turnaround. He is a defense contractor and finishes weapons for the best of the best. Do a google search and you can read about it in more detail. It is a beautiful finish and tough as hell. He does ALL the parts, all the internal springs, etc get coated. He offers Black-T, Green-T and now has Brown and Tan. BUT.... he really isn't doing much Tan because it is more of a pain in the arse than the others.

I've recently started doing DuraCoat in my small shop here. I ALWAYS tell them that if they want the best.... Walter. But if they want some color he doesn't do and/or don't want the wait time.... I am happy to oblige. They offer a vast variety of colors and even some camo stencils too. I've done 7 so far and am happy with the way the finish goes on. Am doing a Vietnam Tiger stripe Uzi now. You can read all about it on their web site.

Off topic: (but maybe it'll help someone)
Blued Finishes.... anything with light rust you can hit with oil and ultra fine steel wool. And now..... Duracoat has Clear Coat that you can coat over your blueing with to protect. ( Everyone else prolly knew, but I didn't )

If you'd like more pics, just PM me and I can shoot you some.

WALTER BIRDSONG's FINISH

DuraCoat - shotgun for local SO I did.

Lifetime NRA, USPSA, HCSO, CRS Club

Page generated in 0.02497 seconds with 8 queries