View Single Post
Old August 1, 2007, 04:01 PM   #12
rantingredneck

Quote:
I was taught to split the pelvis. Everyone I hunt with does the same. I was unaware that others did not do so. How do you pull the last couple inches of the intestine out without spilling it if you do not split the bone. I split the bone then cut the skin around the opening to cleanly remove all the guts without making a huge mess. Another question I have is do you split the chest all the way up to the neck? I do this because it is easier to remove everything and I have no interest in getting the head mounted. Of course if I where to have a head mounted I would not split the whole way up.
The best answer to your question I guess is that my father in law refers to my procedure as "hemmorhoid surgery". It takes some skill with a blade but you can cut the anus/urethra/sexual organs away from the pelvis entirely and never break them open. They all come out in one piece from throat to tail. No spillage.

Yes I split the sternum all the way to the neck. That way I can cut the esophagus well away from the stomach.

Page generated in 0.02534 seconds with 8 queries