View Single Post
Old November 6, 2009, 04:43 PM   #10
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPilgrim
I don't think there is any difference when you START to shoot. The difference comes into play only about when to stop shooting.
That's an interesting point.

There are also times when the difference between "stop" and "kill" is purely academic, such as "failure to stop" scenarios. We can very well say that our intent was not to kill the BG that we shot in the head, but we also know that the odds are astronomical for a fatality if we are using any major defensive caliber.

I agree with PBP that there may well be scenarios wherein we take (or continue to take) actions that may cross the line from "stop" to "kill". Considering that such actions would put us on the wrong side of not just the law but also the ethical and moral standards of most of us, I think that discussing the implications and possibilities may keep us from taking such actions should, God forbid, we ever be in the situation to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyb74
I don't remember who it was that said, dead people can't testify against you in court, but it seems resonable to me.
It may sound reasonable, but it is not. In fact, it is in a way the point (I think) of this thread. Dead men may not talk, but they most certainly do tell a story.

Page generated in 0.02744 seconds with 8 queries