View Single Post
Old March 5, 2000, 02:27 AM   #1
Jeff Thomas

Sounds foolish I suppose, but how do you folks organize a gun safe?

For example, do you store ammunition in the safe as well? In the case of a fire, does this simply raise the odds you'll destroy a collection of firearms? How about magazines? They're certainly fairly pricey these days. With magazines, for example, I'm thinking I'll put them in labeled ammo boxes. I've seen some folks put them in various plastic containers, but if there is a fire, it seems like you could end up with some good magazines potentially covered with melted plastic, no?

How about spare parts? Ammo boxes as well? Perhaps labeled envelopes to keep everything straight?

Appears that most folks put sidearms on the inside of the door. Long guns upright, of course, muzzle up. Slings seem like a pain, since they get caught up with each other, but I suppose that's just the way it is.

Some dessicant seems like a good idea, like what they sell from Cabela's.

Just looking for some practical advice about what you put in the safe besides firearms, and how you organize the related gear.

Not the most interesting or important questions I've seen, but I do appreciate your feedback.

Thanks. Regards from AZ

Page generated in 0.03772 seconds with 8 queries