View Single Post
Old October 26, 2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Trebla

Kahr PM45 came home today

I picked my Kahr PM45 up today and I must say they did a great job again. I put 500 rounds of WWB 230gr. FMJ, and 3 boxes of the Speer GDHP SB 230gr. ammo and didn't have one malfunction. I couldn't chamber the first round from the magazine by racking the slide due to the springs being so taunt. So I chambered the first rounds by using the slide release, but after the first 150 rds. I was able to use the slingshot method. I started out with the target at 7yds., progressed to 25yds. and was very pleased with my groups. Of course there is muzzle rise and some recoil but I enjoyed them both and look forward to double & triple taps. By the time I finished with the WWB ammo I just knew I would experience at least one FTF with the Speer Short Barrel JHP because the feed ramp was absolutely filthy and still she performed without a glitch! My best group with the Speer ammo at 25yds. was 5rds. in a 1.5" pattern, slow single fire, could be better but I was pleased. I wouldn't describe the checkering on the frame's grip as irritating but it felt much better after I put a small piece of inner tube on the grip that covered most of the checkering. I didn't clean the PM45 before I took it to the range nor did I apply any lubrication before the breaking in process, its my way of giving it a torture test. I am pleased with the PM45 and as I said before I think its made very well, just my opinion not fact. If any of you are thinking about getting one, I think you will be satisfied. I apologize for not having any pictures, but I still wanted to share my findings with all of you.

Page generated in 0.02636 seconds with 8 queries