View Single Post
Old October 2, 2002, 01:45 PM   #11
Christopher II

Okay, if I'm not allowed to say reliability, I'll go with ease of use. Many CCW weapons are too small to manipulate easily, have poorly placed controls, crude sights, and poor trigger action. This will not be much of a help if/when you have to use your carry piece for its intended purpose.

A draw/hit from concealment in under one second is very, very good. In fact, it's probably a little bit rigorous for a typical shooter. Just as an example, a typical Master-level time for 2 As at 10 yards is around 1.5 seconds (surrender start, no cover.) If you can do two hits in 1.5 seconds on a 6" plate 7 yards distant, from concealment, you're probably on the right track (and you can probably spend some more time on movement, weak hand, and position drills...)

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key

Page generated in 0.03000 seconds with 8 queries