View Single Post
Old October 31, 2002, 03:43 PM   #25
sm

buzz_knox:
No

The best IMO is the system using both a dial and key. On the key part one can get a key that is long -but the actual portion that fits into lock will come off and be hidden or placed in pocket. Easy to reassemble, kinda like a cylindrical pocket knife . This comes into play for "day use", the dial is left alone , key lock the safe. One can easily re-insert key to gain entry. This is good if one is home, but when away for extended periods, enable both systems. Perps have been known to 'spin the dial" (habit I guess or rookies) and enable by mistake both systems. Say you run to the store, walk the dog for a short period. Safe is locked, key in your pocket. Got kids? CCW on hip, and/or one in the safe, quick to get with key. This is why I like this system.

I'm told the Iranians have the best system. Safe guy told me they do not use dials-period. The really secure systems use a "set"of"keys. Two or MORE, each party has to be present, like a safe deposit set-up. No one person can gain entry , all have to be present.- Just thought I'd throw that in.

Page generated in 0.02297 seconds with 8 queries