View Single Post
Old January 14, 2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Sulaco2

New 4.6mm PDW in China?

Well size does matter. The Communist Chinese People’s Army has developed and built for general issue to the Army and most likely the “Anti Terror” domestic police (Chinese SWAT) a sub machine gun size PDW (Personal Defense Weapon) based on a 4.6x30mm round. The weapon a variant on the Type 79 PDW, caliber 7.62x25 weighing 3.6 lbs, 13.4 inches long (closed telescoping stock) and 21.2 inches with stock extended, a 30 round “dual stack” magazine and reportedly 4-600 round per minute rate of fire from a gas operated closed bolt. Picantinny rail on top for sights and glass.

Reportedly the rounds are about ½ the weight (per round) of an American 5.56mm and are most lethal at the burst rating and short range. The report I saw says the rounds are not supposed to punch through walls etc, with “less chance of unintended casualties”.
No information on what type of engineering went into the rounds themselves, i.e. hollow point or sub engineering soft point etc. I will be interested to see pictures if the ChiComs allow them out of the country.

Anybody see anything else about this?

Page generated in 0.02149 seconds with 8 queries