View Single Post
Old March 14, 2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Qwiks draw

it please. I have never heard of Falcon before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aaronrkellyDecember 28th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Here is some information I have cut and pasted ref the Spesco Falcon revolver....I dont know if it will help.

I was handed down a revolver from my father-in-law. Can't find much info on it. Here goes:

This is a .38 special. It is nickle plated, ivory grips. On the right side barrle it says "Falcon 38 SPL. Continuing on the right side above the trigger it says "The Spesco Corp, Atlanta, Georgia S/n 5314**. On the grip it says Spesco. On the frame, still on right side, it says CAL 38 SPL and under that it says Made in Brazil. Now onto the left side. On the side of the barrle it says "FORJAS TAURUS S.A." under that says "Ralergre R.G.S. Brazil.

I figured it is a Spesco Falcom model .38spl. It is S/A D/A though. Finish is very good. Can't find anything out about spesco though. I this a taurus knock off? It looks very close to the Taurus pictures in the Numrich gun parts catalog.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Raistlin
October 19th, 2003, 08:59 AM
My stepmother recently asked me to clean an old .22 revolver for her; after doing so, I got curious about the maker. Here's what I found on the gun:

On one side of the barrel:
The Spesco Corp Atlanta GA
Single-action 22 LR Mod R12

On the other side of the barrel:
Reck 8560 LAUF Made in West Germany

She says her ex-husband bought it for her "20 years or so ago".

Any information would be helpful!
Jagermeister
October 19th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Spesco Corp imported and marketed SXS's and several other types of firarms mady by Miguel Larranaga of Spain back in 1969

JM
Raistlin
October 20th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Hmmm - then why the "Made in West Germany"?

Puzzles, puzzles...
BADSBSNF81
October 20th, 2003, 11:30 PM
Because it was made there. Spesco was the importer that brought it into the country. They probably imported from various european makers.
Raistlin
October 21st, 2003, 11:18 AM
Because it was made there.

Kinda figured that one out, but thanks for the prompt...

Actually, I was referring to Jagermeister's answer:

... mady by Miguel Larranaga of Spain ...

That's why I referred back to the "Made in West Germany" mark.

That's what I could find on it in the archives of THR gun forum.

Page generated in 0.02894 seconds with 8 queries