Thread: Glock 18
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2006, 11:55 AM   #9
Gun Rabbi

While a few Glock 18s exist as post samples (Only SOTs can obtain them with a demo letter) Glock does not want to send out Glock 18s to SOTs even with demo letters. Perhaps they have a few favorites they deal with perhaps they only deal with LE. I have heard it both ways.

IMO the more common method, and the more desirable (It is what we have done) is to get a demo letter for a conversion device. More or less a small switch on the back of the gun that gives you semi or full. The ATF considers this switch a machine gun. You can put it on any glock it will fit on, and for the most part that means any glock that is not a .45 or 10mm. With a Glock 18 or a gun that has been converted and registered, that is the only one that may be full auto.

It would be my understanding that NO Glock 18s glocks of any kind exist on the transferable NFA. I hear that there is indeed a few mythical ones out there. And yes, the ATF does make mistakes. However it doesnt make much sense for it to be legal. The 1968 GCA would 100% prevent the import of a full auto Glock from being imported to be registered for the transferable NFA. The 1986 GOPA would have cut off the possibility of any regular glocks being domesticaly converted and qualifying for the transferable NFA. So if anything exists, it is a conversion that was done within the VERY short time frame that Glocks first came to the US and the 1986 GOPA.

If such a conversion exists, it would command a serious price. tens of thousands for sure.

Page generated in 0.02554 seconds with 8 queries