View Single Post
Old June 22, 2009, 11:29 PM   #20
mellow_c

Hey guys... This thread has been sneaking along, and I've finally decided to post one last thing.

I've got it all figured out! My grandpa has very generous and gave me his old Virginian Dragoon, 7 1/2 inch single action .44 mag!

I love it, have yet to shoot it. Now of course I need a .44 mag to shoot instead of Grandpas which will spend most of its days in the safe, only coming out on special family outings.

So I've finally decided on a Smith and Wesson 629 Classic 4 inch. I like it the best, I held a Smith Mountain guns, which has a lighter barrel and is still 4" but a little better for carry. But the Classic already came with a red front sight, instead of a black front sight, also, the little extra weight of the Classic will ultimately be appreciated by me, despite the easier carry of the mountain gun (the classic balances perfectly, even though I feel the same about the mountain) and the Classic is atleast $75-100 less than the mountain gun if I remember.

SO I'm done... Thanx so much to EVERYONE for your input, I've made up my mind. Now I'll get around to saving for it eventually, after a few other priorities.

(p.s) I'm not a hunter yet. (I'm 25, please someone take me hunting!) But by some crazy chance I end up wanting to hunt with a .44 mag. Grandpas Dragoon will work great, it even has scope mounts if I really cared to go that far.

Page generated in 0.03652 seconds with 8 queries