View Single Post
Old February 7, 2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Maximus856

What type of enthusiast are you?

I dont mean rifle, pistol, or scattergun type.

I mean when it comes to the way others perceive our hobby. To be a little more clear, I'll try to explain what I am. I am not near as proactive on the legal aspect as others or as I should be. However I do look at shooting as a very 'mentally healthy' and very positive thing. I don't get into heated debates with the antis, but I try to encourage others to at least try it. I absoluetly LOVE teaching shooting (though I have plenty more to learn). When I go shooting, I try to take someone new almost every time even if its on my dime. So basically, people perceive me to be someone with firearms who enjoys shooting, but isnt an all out 'gun nut.' But when I think of the gentleman who first started me on firearms (age 10?), I see him as a gun nut through and through!

I know some guys are very quiet about their passion, others do it as a family thing, some make their life out of it, some do it as just another thing to doand then theres those that people see as that crazy old lady with a 100 cats!

So where do you fit in in the demographics of the shooting community?

Page generated in 0.02704 seconds with 8 queries