View Single Post
Old February 9, 2009, 07:11 PM   #23
FyredUp

Quote:
EricReynolds: OK, I got people mad. I knew I would. Let me pose this question, "Should convicted felons be allowed to own guns? How about people with mental illness? Children?" If you answered no, then you support some form of gun control. Now on the other hand, should a law abiding citizen with a crystaal clear background, working in security be denied the right to carry? Like I said, it's a matter of where do we draw the line? A lot of gun enthusiasts really support ANYONE's right to bear arms. Felons lose a lot of rights, but they're still citizens. So should the 2nd ammendment still apply to them? I think not. That's the type of enthusiast I am. A moderate.
I'm not mad. Frankly, I think you are a drama queen in the way you approached this. Your do you think felons should have guns? Or kids? Or people with mental illness? Is just plain silly and a waste of time and energy here. I haven't heard a single person advocate letting those groups own guns. Please show me one person on this forum that supports your preposterous stance on this...You can't find a single one because no one will back you. On top of that you know damn well that law prevents your target groups from owning firearms so what was you real point in posting this? To be a pot stirrer? To try and catch someone with your idiotic premise? What?

You are not a moderate anything. If you follow your line of thinking any group YOU decide shouldn't have a gun doesn't get one. An example of how you would whittle away our rights under the Second Ammendment is your working security. Why must someone work security in order to have a concealed carry permit? If they are a law abiding citizen and can pass the requirements to get a permit they should be able to get one. Yet you seem willing to sell that out to only people working security.

I see you as more of an anti-gun rights person than a moderate and I feel sorry for your inability to see that.

Page generated in 0.02950 seconds with 8 queries