View Single Post
Old July 13, 2000, 11:05 AM   #8
andyb

I appreciate your interest in the topic, it hit home a couple weeks ago.

On the way up to the farm in Mathews County, my wife and I and her brother and sister-in-law stopped for lunch in a Rte 17 "all you can eat restaurant" with beer/wine available. Frankly, until I was inside I hadn't thought of my carry item. Sitting in the booth with waitress hovering for an order I got a bit nervous for I had to go to the food bar to fill up. I worked at my self-conciousness, feeling trapped - my gang didn't know I carried - all kinds of thoughts and "what will I do if challenged?".

Frankly, people with CCW permits are supposed to be responsible - that's what all the checks are about - and if that's so, then responsible people should be free to go where they will ... restaurants, bars, churches, federal and court buildings, schools, and across state lines. But then - this may be another story ... or thread.

For those who don't know of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). They led the way to the passing of CCW in Virginia and define their group as <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the civil rights of all Virginians. The membership considers the right to keep and bear arms an essential civil right."[/quote]

I have not yet become a member (for my own reasons) but I have been following their activities, past and present, through the web site at http://www.vcdl.org and their **VA-ALERT news bulletin. For those with an interest, you'll find some good information and links.

BTW: The WashPost picked that up a day after it was in The Virginian Pilot - they doctored it a bit then added their "comment".
Andy

[This message has been edited by andyb (edited July 13, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.04030 seconds with 8 queries