View Single Post
Old April 23, 2006, 10:09 AM   #36
pipoman

I have read all of the pros and cons in this thread. It can be done, obviously, others do it. I would suggest getting your FFL, buying some guns from classifieds, auctions, pawn shops, anywhere you can find a bargain. Find a missing niche of new items at the gun shows, they are there if you look. For instance Houge grips, 1911 mags, Shurefire lights are well represented at most of the shows I go to, OTOH I couldn't find a single range bag or molded leather holster for my j-frame at the last show I was at.

Then after you have a small paid for inventory begin setting up at gun shows in your area. This will allow you to get the feel of the gun business without massive debt. Take the proceeds from the show and put it all back into stock. Keep doing this a few years until you have a pretty good inventory that is not financed.

This inventory and the experience you gain will help you decide if the gun business is for you, it will help you if you want to borrow money to go "bricks & mortar" later.

Just my .02.

Page generated in 0.02120 seconds with 8 queries