View Single Post
Old June 14, 2002, 01:39 AM   #5
Cheapo

It will linger on for another decade or so, maybe even becoming a moribund relic that never dies.

I predicted the end of the Bianchi Cup and NRA Action Pistol in general when the competitors voted to keep the course of fire the same henceforth and forever.

Woulda been better to rotate half the course of fire every 10 years. Enough stability to truly compare performances among the various champions, but add some variety so we don't get BOREDBOREDBORED shooting the Flying W every year forever.

First thing I would have changed at the course of fire "change cycle" would have been to make 25% of the stages Comstock scored, and 25% score is time. Keep fully half as par time accuracy tests--that remains the strength of Bianchi, aptly called by someone Bullseye shooting with shorter time limits.

Oh yeah. I'd also move the scoring rings up so they're concentric with the top curve. Don't want to accidentally train ourselves to make gut shots, even with a rather gamey shooting sport.

Page generated in 0.02989 seconds with 8 queries