View Single Post
Old June 15, 2010, 08:37 PM   #22
Toten Kopf

First let me say that it was this original thread that turned me on to the Choate Tactical stock.

Like was previously stated, this stock is built like a tank, no chance on breaking it. Comparing it to the original Houge stock is like night and day.

I do like the side sling mounts as the sling can be installed on either the RH or LH side. Plenty of clearance for the barrel, no problem with the trigger fit.

My SPS-T (.308) fit like a glove, the only mod or additional work, was to use Brownell's longer (allen) stock screws, and I had to cut one of them to fit so the bolt wouldn't hit (rear I beleive). The original stock screws did fit but not to my liking. I wanted them to be flush with the action and they were both a little recessed. I will say that I did copy the OP's rifle somewhat (as it does look cool and is really functional).

I really can't add to what has been said here, some NAME BRAND users look down on this stock but I feel that it is very, very competitive with B&C and HS.

Oh, the wide palm swell fits "my" hand extremely well and if buying another manufacturers stock I would have to add material to the palm swell to get the same feeling. Overall, a pretty nice stock for the price, IMHO.

Last edited by Toten Kopf; June 16, 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.02453 seconds with 8 queries