View Single Post
Old November 23, 2005, 01:32 PM   #99
alpineman

There should be no bringing this thread back. This thread should never be allowed to die.

+1

I'm not going to sit here on my soft couch with a warm fire the day before I enjoy Thanksgiving and way too much turkey and rail about how, if guns were to be banned, the "JBT"s better come with it etc. etc. etc. I honestly can't say for certain what I'd do. In many ways, I hate and have reason to fear my own comfort. I hate to think that a good job and a roof over my head would woo me into surrendering my liberties. I hate the very thought.

I will say, however, that we should all aspire to have such an undying resolve to protect our liberties - all of them. Personally, the pistol on my hip and the eeeevil black rifle by the bed are the things that, on a day-to-day basis, protect the things for which I'll give thanks tomorrow (and every day, for that matter). The guns help me protect myself and the ones I love - every day. Not the government. Not laws. Not the cursed cameras. Guns. Period.

Laws - and the very idea, for that matter - that so much as suggest that we as individuals should be deprived of the ability to protect ourselves by keeping and bearing arms deserve all the disobedience - civil or criminal or whatever you want to call it - that we can muster.

+ another 1 one for good measure.

Page generated in 0.03118 seconds with 8 queries