View Single Post
Old December 24, 2001, 07:04 AM   #3
Oakleaf

Mr Moderator, not sure if this is picked up in another thread - if so, my apologies.

I wanted to write given the guy has an ( apparent ) English name and Passport.

On the news over here, it is claimed he was identified by airline staff at check-in Paris as being suspicious. He was questioned by security but not detained. By that time he missed his flight and left the airport. He returned the following day, checked in and boarded without further questions.

Seems spooky as all reports indicate he was acting very strangely and most people around him became suspicious - though not detailed in the paper. Needless to say, Paris is now X-raying all shoes - feel sooooo much safer - watch out for killer braces next time!

In terms of what to look for - anyone who catches your eye whilst you conduct your constant area searches - you do stay in condition Yellow at all times in public don't you?

I establish a 'norm' and filter anyone deviating. If it's hot - everyone sweats etc. Main items are -

1. Anyone meeting my eye ( could be danger or they just fancy me - either way they MUST be unstable ). Or could be someone else in condition Yellow!
2. Inappropriate dress ( gets harder every year ).
3. Drape of clothing - particularly anything obscuring arm-pits, belt line etc.
4. Unusual carriage of apparel, bags etc.
5. Abnormal movement - typical stress reaction closes down fine motor control. If you are not used to it, try walking on stage in front of a crowd - and try to remember how to walk 'normally'!
6. 2 + 2 making five - in this case we had a guy with foreign looks, carrying a UK PassPort - of recent issue - with a name stereotypically Middle England.
7. Not sure how to spell this - Harangi. Getting into realms of ESP. Something feels/ smells wrong etc. Not going to argue this is a mental power - could be pheromones etc. Often, particularly if you hunt or practise, you will develope a sense for what fits a scene. Anything disdurbing that rings an alarm.

Forget hi-tech super spy books on this stuff - the best, bar none, is Desmond Morris - Man Watching ( quite old now ).

Page generated in 0.03094 seconds with 8 queries