View Single Post
Old March 5, 2008, 09:01 PM   #4
Sevens

This is a question that will never, EVER have a cut & dried right or wrong answer. Anyone who believes it does is nuts. You've got to go whichever direction makes the most sense to you.

I will say that I think it's goofy that anyone needs to buy 500 rounds of defense ammo to properly test and/or train. You can simulate defense ammo with handloads, and you should certainly put a box or two of your defense ammo through your protection arm.

I live in a world where crazy and ridiculous things happen, and sometimes, those crazy and ridiculous things happen to good people. I am good people. If you go by the numbers, you could probably convince yourself that you won't be at the wrong end of an over-zealous young prosecutor. However, numbers can convince you of MANY things. Folks that believe they shouldn't ever have a handgun in the same house as young children ought to look up the real life data on five gallon buckets.

With a lot (a LOT) of thought put in to this over the years, and with twenty years at the loading bench, my self-defense ammo is the 175 grain Winchester Silver Tip in 10mm, right out of a box of twenty from the factory. And outside of rimfire fodder, I don't buy factory ammo in any caliber any more. I just don't use the stuff, and I don't want to use it. I'd rather use my own. But factory ammo protects my home.

Page generated in 0.03644 seconds with 8 queries